Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mission Accomplished!

Well, we made it to the competition and actually did quite well! Cabrito was just as good there as he was at home. We had some great practices with our coach, Ken McNabb, and made some good friends. Cabrito was really able to shine in the cow work where we placed in the top 10. Overall, we ended up finishing 15th - just missing the top 12. But I learned SO much and am really eager to get signed up for the next Mustang Makeover. I got a lot of compliments on my horse and my training techniques, mostly from my peers, so that sure meant a lot to me. Cabrito was sold at the sale for $600 and was taken home to Wyoming by one of the other trainers. I miss him a lot, but I know he will have a good home. I just wanted to update those who didn't get to attend on how it all went! Thank you to everyone for their encouragement and support, it was so nice to have the "cheering section" at the competition. I appreciate each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment